Let's understand red rice. This is unpolished rice which contains vital nutrients. Its rich red colour is due to the antioxidant - anthocyanins. The anthocyanins are super potent-free radical fighters and destroyers and have a host of wonderful health benefits. As it is not refined, it contains vital components, i.e. the husk, bran and germ of the rice. These elements contain a high amount of dietary fibre and are packed with vitamin B-complex and essential fats.
The Noteworthy Health Benefits Of Red Rice
- Anthocyanins help decrease inflammation and help prevent allergies.
- Most importantly, red rice keeps the free radical levels in check and helps decrease your risk of developing chronic conditions, such as heart diseases and diabetes mellitus.
- Along with the anthocyanins, the fibre in the grain slows down the rate at which carbohydrates get converted into blood sugar; thus preventing spiking of the blood sugar level.
- It is also a heart-happy food which can help in preventing the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Being high in fibre, red rice helps fortify and regularize the working of the gastro-intestinal tract.
Red Rice Poha
Poha is flattened rice which is consumed all over the country. Red rice poha from the Tata Sampann range is a healthy option as it translates nutritional benefits of red rice into the poha form. Tata Sampann Red Rice Poha is a good source of fibre. It is also rich in natural trace minerals like potassium, calcium and magnesium.
Nutritious Red Rice Poha Recipe
Easy, delicious and healthy, this is a popular Maharashtrian recipe made with onions, potatoes, lemon and curry leaves. It is a savoury, lightly spiced dish which is often had for breakfast or snack. This one is a rather simple dish, but when made well, the ingredients give it a complex and delicious flavour. Various versions of poha are made throughout the country. Red rice poha can help you add more nutrition to this snack.
Amp up the nutrition levels in poha by using red rice poha and make this frequently made breakfast dish a lot more healthier.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.