It’s real! While most women grapple with obesity and fight really hard to lose weight, there are women who find it extremely tough to gain weight! Now, in case you are underweight, your health care provider is bound to advise you to gain some weight. An underweight individual is susceptible to a whole bunch of health issues – a poorly functioning immune system, developmental delays, osteoporosis, malnourishment, infertility, and an increased risk of complication during surgery.
Being lean and fit is healthy; conversely being underweight is a huge concern and it is necessary for you to confer with your doctor and nutritionist for an evaluation to meet your target weight and recommend the right kind of food to gain weight for females. Whilst putting on weight may be a struggle for you, the following foods and guidelines will definitely help.
The weight gain formula is – consume more calories than you expend. If you are a fitness buff or have a high metabolic rate, unknowingly, you could be in the calorie deficit mode. The daily calorie intake for women is 2000 calories per day. For those finding it exceedingly hard to gain weight, it is crucial that you calculate how many calories you burn per day, and how much you ought to be consuming. You need to adopt a diet plan wherein the intake exceeds the expenditure. On an average, studies show that including about 500 more calories per day, provides the extra calories that your body requires to gain weight.
Put on kilos healthily
Ensuring that you are consuming the right foods that will boost your ability to put on weight healthfully, we’ve rounded up the 5 most potent foods:
1. Rice: Rice is pretty much a pantry staple and is very easy to include in to your daily meal. A great source of carbohydrates, it provides approximately 200 calories per cup and is also packed with large amounts of protein and fibre. Rice is a fantastic option and provides just the right nutrients and calories for women.
2. Dry fruits: Load up on anjeer, khajur and kishmish! They have a bigger value of calories per gram and also proffer the choicest vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, making them an excellent choice for healthy weight gain. The fruit is dehydrated making it - energy-dense and the best food to gain weight for females. You can give yourself a zippy calorie boost by eating a handful of dried fruit every day. Since the dried fruit has a lesser volume compared to its fresh equivalent, you can eat a lot more without feeling stuffed. So, amp up on dates, figs, raisins, apricot and prunes – a fistful daily.
3. Potatoes: Potatoes proffer starchy carbs which act as high-calorie food for weight gain. The starch in the tuber helps in the release of energy in the form of glucose. Often called a guilty pleasures; you can stack your plate with baked potato wedges, aloo curries and the occasional fries!
4. Milk: Milk is an exceptional source of calories, protein, and essential nutrients and calories for women which guarantee safe weight gain, the healthy way. Additionally, it also helps build muscle. To up your milk consumption, have 2 to 3 milkshakes daily and add some to your cereal and soups.
5. Cheese: Cheese is chockfull of protein, fat, calcium, and calories, and nutritionists call it an amazing food to increase weight quickly. Grating modest amounts in your sandwiches, dosas and parathas gives you good calories that assist weight gain.
Optimal strategies to gain weight
• Eat frequently. Have 5 to 7 small meals through the day.
• Always select nutrient-dense foods. Opt for whole-grains; starchy vegetables, tubers and roots, fruits and vegetables; and dry fruits, nuts and seeds.
• Begin your day with a smoothie and have a mid-afternoon shake. Kiss your packaged foods and soft drinks goodbye; they may help you put on weight, but they aren’t healthy and have little nutritional value. As an alternative, incorporate yogurt smoothies with fresh fruit and milkshakes in to your diet.
• In between meals, snack on dry fruits, nuts, peanut butter sandwiches, bananas, mangoes, and whole grain granola.
• A helpful tip is adding extras to your dishes to obtain more calories — such as protein powder, cheese, yogurt, cream and milk.
So, if you’ve been wondering what to eat to put on a few kilos without having to compromise on health and consuming empty calories which could have adverse repercussions in the long run, this is the list you need! Integrate these foods to gain weight for females, in your diet - and it is fairly easy to work towards a consciously healthy body.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.