A delicious blend of mix veggies cooked in butter and spices, served with soft butter tasted buns. And what do you get? The tasty and delicious pav bhaji! This visually delightful dish is sure to fill your tummy as well as your heart.
Although it’s a popular street food, the homemade pav bhaji isn’t hard to make at all. You can easily get the pav bhaji ingredients at home. The ingredients of the Pav Bhaji Masala, including dagadphool, help boost the immune system and contain anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Enhance the taste of this yummy dish by using Tata Sampann Pav Bhaji Masala. It is made from a recipe specially created by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Tata Sampann Pav Bhaji Masala is made from whole spices that contain natural oils & natural oils are what give spices all the health benefits that we are familiar with and also enhances its flavour. The dagadphool or stone flower content adds an earthy flavour to the spice mix, which helps you make street-style pav bhaji at home.
So, without any further ado, let’s check out the pav bhaji ki recipe here.
- 1 cup Matar (peas)
- 10-11 medium sized Potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- ½ Beetroot
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Jeera
- ½ tsp Tata Sampann Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 5 cup Water
- 4 Onions
- 2 Capsicum
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon
- 75-100 gm Butter
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 3 tbsp Tata Sampann Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 Lemon Juice
- Coriander Leaves
- Byadagi mirch
- Garlic cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- Coriander Leaves
- Slice the potatoes, tomatoes, carrots and beetroot into large pieces.
- Put some oil in a pressure cooker. Add jeera when the oil is hot.
- Add potatoes and slightly roast on medium flame for 3-4 mins.
- Add Tata Sampann Turmeric Powder and Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder to enhance the colour.
- Add matar and tomatoes. Add salt. Roast a bit.
- Add carrots and beetroot. Add water. Pressure cook on a high flame giving 3 whistles.
- For the tadka of Pav Bhaji, finely chop onions, capsicum and tomatoes.
- Mash the veggies inside the pressure cooker to convert into bhaji.
- For the tadka, put oil in a kadhai and add butter.
- Add capsicum and onions and cook on a medium flame.
- Add Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder and Tata Sampann Pav Bhaji Masala to it.
- Add Kasuri methi and roast a bit.
- Add tomatoes and 1 tsp salt. Cook for 5 mins and mash it too.
- Add bhaji in it and stir well. Add water. Mash more, if required.
- Add butter and stir.
- Now, add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- For a special chutney to go with the pav bhaji, soak few Byadagi mirch in warm water for half an hour. Take this mirchi, cloves, ginger and water, and blend together in a grinder.
- Put some oil in a pan and roast the chutney in it.
- Add 1 tsp salt and water.
- Add vinegar and cook for 5-6 mins.
- To soften the pavs, cut them in between and microwave them for 30 secs alongside a cup of water.
- Put butter on the tawa and on a low flame, add Tata Sampann Pav Bhaji masala, Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder, coriander leaves and some chutney and pav bhaji which was made before. Dip the pavs in that, flip it and your pav bhaji is ready to be served.
Make this pav bhaji ki recipe at home as it’s not only a party pleaser but also a wholesome satisfying dinner. Let us know your feedback below.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.