The strong aroma and irresistible taste of this matar paneer recipe will make you addicted to it. Its sizeable calcium content helps build strong teeth and strong muscles. For vegetarians, paneer (cottage cheese) is a must-have as it helps in taking care of the body's protein requirement. Use Tata Sampann Garam Masala which is made from a recipe specially created by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Tata Sampann Garam Masala is made from whole spices that contain natural oils & natural oils are what give spices all the health benefits that we are familiar with and also enhances its flavour.
Check out the matar paneer recipe here. Follow the super easy process step by step.
- 3 Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- 3 Green Chillies
- ½ inch Ginger
- 3-4 tbsp cup dahi
- 1 cup matar (peas)
- 200gm paneer
- 1 tsp jeera
- Dalchini (cinnamon)
- Tezpatta (bay leaf)
- Chhoti Elaichi (green cardamom)
- Kali Mirch (black pepper)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Tata Sampann Turmeric Powder
- 5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dhania powder
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp Tata Sampann Garam Masala
- Slice the onions and roughly chop tomatoes.
- Roughly chop garlic and ginger.
- Cut the paneer into small cubes.
- Add oil into a pan and put it on a medium flame.
- Add the sliced onions in the pan and fry for 5 mins to get a golden brown colour.
- Transfer the fried onions on to a tissue paper to avoid the excess brownness.
- Now fry garlic and ginger respectively in the oil.
- Grind the chopped tomatoes, garlic and ginger in a mixer grinder to make it a fine paste.
- Now grind the sliced and fried onions. Add some water to it to make it a paste.
- Remove the excess oil from the pan and put jeera, dalchini, tezpatta, chhoti elaichi and kali mirch in the hot oil.
- Now add the tomato paste in it.
- Add the Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well.
- Now add the fresh matar into the pan and fry it well.
- Take curd and add dhania powder to it. Put the mix into the pan.
- Add green chillies to it and cook on a low flame. Stir well.
- Now add the onion paste to it.
- Add the slices of paneer to it.
- Add kasuri methi and Tata Sampann Garam Masala to it. Stir well.
- Finally, add some water and cook it on a low flame for 10 mins.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves.
Delight your family and friends with this amazing matar paneer ki sabzi and get patted on the back! Tell us your feedback in the comments below.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.