A favourite amongst many, Aloo Gobi is a staple in households across India. It is a simple sabzi that pairs well with almost everything. The versatility of the dish is such that it can transform from a part of your everyday meal to a part of a feast just by making a few changes in the aloo gobi recipe. Along with being delicious, aloo gobi is a yummy way to introduce the health benefits of these vegetables to your kids and family.
Aloo (Potatoes) contain antioxidants, vitamins and minerals like B6, potassium and manganese. They are a great option for people looking to gain weight. Potatoes are also a great addition to your child’s diet, providing fuel, fiber and essential vitamins and minerals. They are also a good source of vitamin C, which helps strengthens the immune system. Gobi (Cauliflower) is very low in calories yet high in vitamins. In fact, it contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need. It also contains sulforaphane, a plant compound which may have beneficial effects such as reduced risk of heart disease and diabetes.
This aloo gobi recipe from Bharatz Kitchen is a combination of aloo, gobi and green peas which are sautéed and cooked with minimal yet enticing spices. The turmeric used in this dish gives it a vibrant colour and a distinct taste. Make sure you use Tata Sampann Turmeric Powder to get this exact colour and taste when you make it at home. This turmeric powder is sourced from the best farms of Salem, Tamil Nadu which is known for its turmeric produce. It contains natural oils which are responsible for the beautiful color and health benefits of the turmeric.
Check out the video for an easy, quick and delicious aloo gobi recipe –
- Cauliflower, medium to big size, cut into florets
- 2 Potatoes, cubed
- 1 Tomato, cut into big pieces
- 1 Inch Ginger, finely chopped or julienned
- 1 Cup Peas, soaked in hot water
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Pinch Hing
- 2 Green Chillies, slit
- 1/2 tsp Tata Sampann Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Dried Mint Leaves or Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchoor)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Heat the oil in kadhai. If you are using raw sarson oil, wait for it to reach the smoking point on a high flame.
- Once the oil is sufficiently heated, add jeera, dhania seeds, and hing.
- Add the diced potatoes to the pan. Roast them for one minute.
- Add the peas, ginger and green chilies. Sauté this for a minute.
- At this point, add the cauliflower florets to the kadhai. Roast it well for 2-3 minutes. Do not cover the pan.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Saute this on a medium flame till the cauliflower florets are slightly soft.
- Add the tomatoes. Followed by salt and garam masala.
- Lightly crush the mint leaves or kasuri methi in your palms and sprinkle it over the sabzi. Mix well.
- Add amchoor (dried mango powder) to the sabzi along with chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Cover the kadhai with a lid and let the aloo gobi cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the sabzi is cooked properly, serve it with rotis and raita.
Liked this aloo gobi recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.