Imagine a delicious tomato omelette without eggs in it! This vegetarian omelette is low-fat and gluten-free, and is super healthy and nutritious. Perfect for a brunch or breakfast, this tomato omelette recipe is sure to make you drooling.
A combination of besan and chopped tomatoes with an exciting touch of spices gives you a tasty eggless tomato omelette. High in fibre content, besan is a good source of protein for vegetarians. The beauty of this dish is that it uses common ingredients and does not require major grinding. Enjoy it with green chutney or tomato ketchup and feel the bliss. Use Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder to enhance the taste. Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder comes from Guntur region of Andhra Pradesh and it contains natural oils. Natural oils are what give spices all the health benefits that we are familiar with and also enhances its flavour.
Check out the recipe here.
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Green chillies
- Coriander leaves
- 1 Cup besan
- 1/3 Cup atta
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Oregano Seasoning
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices.
- Finely chop the green chillies.
- To make the batter, add besan, atta, coriander leaves and chopped green chillies in a bowl.
- Add 1 tsp salt and Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder in the bowl and mix it well.
- Add 1.5 cup water to it.
- Add baking powder to the batter and mix it well.
- Put 1 spoon of oil in a pan and fry the sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some salt and turn the tomatoes.
- Add batter in the pan and make sure that the batter covers all the tomatoes.
- Now, let it cook on a low flame for 2 mins.
- Flip the omelette upside down and cook for 1-2 mins.
- To make this special, add mozzarella cheese, corns and paprika. Put some oil on the sides.
- Add oregano seasoning to it.
- Cook for 2 minutes and your eggless tomato omelette is ready to be served.
For your next breakfast, try this yummy tomato omelette recipe and feel the happiness!
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.