Whether it is a cold winter evening or a bout of sniffles, a bowl of hot tomato soup is just the perfect thing to comfort you and make you feel better. This easy soup, with its subtle flavor, is immensely appealing to kids and adults alike. Tomato soup’s simple taste profile gives everyone the opportunity to tailor it to their preferences by using spices and condiments like salt, sugar, pepper, and even a dash of cream. It is one of the easiest soups that can be made at home. What’s more, this tomato soup recipe takes very little time to make.
While we might reach out for a bowl of soup to comfort ourselves, there are many health benefits of having tomato soup as well. This soup is low in calories but high in essential nutrients like potassium and vitamins C, K and A. Tomato soup also provides of lycopene, the compound responsible for most of the health benefits of tomatoes. They are believed to have cancer fighting properties. The dash of garam masala suggested in this recipe, has more than one benefit. Along with great taste, it is anti-inflammatory, helps build immunity and can also help lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
This recipe of tomato soup is from the YouTube creator, Simple and Sizzling recipes. What makes this soup unique is the dash of Tata Sampann Garam Masala that is added while cooking the tomatoes. This authentic garam masala is made using whole spices with natural oils. It is created using MasterChef Sanjeev Kapoor’s own recipe. It is a perfect blend to add flavour and warmth to your tomato soup.
Let’s take a look this easy tomato soup recipe.
- 600gm Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp Tata Sampann Garam Masala powder
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
- In a pan, heat butter. Add the bay leaf and garlic cloves to this.
- Add the onions and sauté them well.
- Once the onions are slightly cooked, add the tomatoes to the pan. Sprinkle some salt on this, followed by Tata Sampann Garam Masala.
- Cover the pan and cook this till the tomatoes are soft. It should take about five minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and let the mixture cool.
- Once the mixture is at room temperature, transfer it to the blender. Blend it to make a smooth paste.
- Use a strainer while transferring this to bowl. This will ensure that the tomato soup has a smooth texture.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a pan and turn on the flame. Add approximately one and a half cup of water. You can adjust the consistency as per your preference.
- Add salt and sugar as per your preference.
- Sprinkle some black pepper powder. Mix it well and let the soup boil.
- In a small bowl, take the cornflour and add some water to it to make a paste.
- Add the cornflour paste to the soup to create a thicker consistency. Mix this properly.
- Cook the soup for another two minutes.
- Serve the soup with hot bread.
Did you try this tomato soup recipe? Let us know your feedback in the comments below.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.