A classic Indian side dish, aloo methi ki sabzi is made with tender potatoes and fenugreek leaves, or methi. This stir fry dish is a staple in many Indian homes especially during winters. A quick and flavourful dish for everyday meals, which is simple yet delicious. The aloo methi recipe is easy and requires only a few key ingredients.
Methi has many health benefits among improving weight loss and reducing the risk of diabetes. It contains a variety of nutrients like vitamins and many powerful antioxidants. Use Tata Sampann Coriander Powder in this recipe to give a great taste and health benefits. Tata Sampann Coriander Powder comes from Kumbhraj region of Madhya Pradesh and it contains natural oils. Natural oils are what give spices all the health benefits that we are familiar with and also enhances its flavour.
Check out the aloo methi recipe here from Bharatz Kitchen and indulge in the goodness.
- 250 gm Methi (fenugreek)
- 5-6 medium sized Potatoes
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tbsp Desi Ghee
- 1 tsp Jeera
- ½ tsp Tata Sampann Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Tata Sampann Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Remove the stems of Methi and collect the leaves in a bowl.
- Wash it 2-3 times properly.
- Wait for the methi to dry for around half an hour.
- Slice the tomatoes into large pieces.
- Slice the green chillies from in between. Finely chop the ginger.
- Cut the potatoes in large pieces.
- Cut the methi finely.
- Add ghee in a pan on a medium flame.
- Add jeera and potatoes when the ghee is hot.
- Roast the potatoes till they are slightly golden in colour. Stir well.
- Add Tata Sampann Turmeric and Red Chilli Powder.
- Add ginger and green chillies. Stir well.
- Now, add the cut fenugreek leaves (methi) and tomatoes. Add salt.
- Now, add 1 tbsp Tata Sampann Coriander Powder. Stir and mix well.
- Cook it on a medium flame for 10 mins by covering the pan.
- At the end, put 1 tsp Garam Masala, and your dish is ready to be served.
Serve this delicious aloo methi ki sabzi as a side in your meal with rice, puri or roti and relish. Tell us your feedback in the comments below.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.