Make it interesting with Chana Dal
Split Bengal gram, commonly known as Chana Dal, is consumed in all parts of India and has been used as a staple in a variety of Indian dishes. Apart from the customary dal preparation, the legume can be used in soups, curries or even in salads. Have it as a dry roasted snack, use it in tempering of South Indian dishes, club it with vegetables like bottle gourd or cabbage or turn it into a rich preparation to go with pakwans.
Chana Dal is an excellent source of protein. It is a blessing for individuals following vegetarian or vegan diets and have concerns about their protein intake. That’s what makes it a popular staple across regional Indian cusines
The Tata Sampann Advantage
Tata Sampann Chana Dal is locally sourced from farms across India processed and packaged under hygienic conditions.
The Tata Sampann Chana Dal pass through stringent quality checks to ensure that it is free from extraneous matter and admixture of unwholesome substances owing to our zero tolerance policy for inorganic external particles, i.e, stones, sticks, chaffs etc. This ensures that the quality surpasses even the highest AGMARK grade standards.
All Tata Sampann dals are unpolished; i.e., they are not subjected to artificial polishing using oil, water and/or leather. This ensures the retention of their nutritional value, and less moisture content too.
Health Benefits of Chana Dal
- Chana Dal is suitable for those with the risk of diabetes because it is known for its low glycemic index.
- The level of protein in Chana Dal makes it an excellent source of the macronutrient amongst vegetarians and vegans.
- Serving of 30gms of Chana Dal provides approximately 100 calories of energy loaded with a number of vitamins and minerals and is effective for weight management.
- Chana dal is rich in B complex vitamins such as B1,B2,B3, and B9 which plays an important role in glucose metabolism
- Chana dal is rich in dietary fiber. Hence, one cup of cooked Chana Dal can account for half of the required fibre intake for the day.