Turmeric - a vibrant yellow, wonder spice! It lends an aromatic, rather earthy flavour to every dish. Thanks to its active principle, curcumin, turmeric makes a dish look pretty along with instilling it with remarkable health benefits.
Wholesome and delicious golden recipes!
Turmeric possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-oxidant properties. It also keeps the heart healthy and boosts brain functioning too. Curcumin, the key component in the turmeric, gives it these health benefits. Adding turmeric also ensures that you keep your immune system functioning well during the cold winter months and keep the flu at bay.
Everybody loves turmeric for its versatility. Here are some fabulous recipes which feature a winning combination of turmeric and fruits, vegetables and legumes to give you a huge curcumin boost!
This nutrient-packed smoothie uses pineapple to add a sweet tropical spin and orange to give it a vibrant colour and loads of vitamin C. Turmeric and ginger make this smoothie almost a health potion. Consuming anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant elements turmeric and ginger is an incredible way to start your day.
Broccoli and lentil soup
This is a thick, warming soup - consisting of lentils of your choice and broccoli. It is seasoned with turmeric, cumin and garlic. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and fresh yogurt. It is unquestionably perfect for the winter.
Amber salad dressing
This turmeric salad dressing wonderfully blends together coconut cream and olive oil which gives it a magnificent creamy texture and a really rich flavour. With a dash of lemon, a hint of sweet honey and a splash of powdered turmeric; this dressing is perfect for most salads and will leave your taste buds absolutely satisfied!
Health benefits of turmeric
The saffron-golden spice tops the inventory of wonder foods. Here’s a list of the outstanding advantages that it offers:
- Turmeric’s fantastic anti-inflammatory property: Turmeric can effectively and quickly decrease swelling and inflammation. This powerful anti-inflammatory ability can help deal with debilitating cases of arthritis and dermatitis.
- Curcumin – the formidable analgesic: Turmeric can be a noteworthy painkiller. The spice is reputed to assuage pain related to arthritis, stomach cramps as well as a host of other pains.
- Peps up liver function: The anti-oxidant effect of curcumin may boosts liver health and can help in avoiding liver damage that may be caused by certain toxins.
- Enhances digestion: Turmeric perks up the working of the gastrointestinal tract appreciably. It helps digest food better and is a potent digestive agent. A lot of stomach issues can be effectively handled with turmeric.
- Powerful anti-oxidant: Curcumin is a powerful antioxidant – it battles free radical oxidative damage. If present in high levels, free radicals can cause harm to your body as they are linked to many diseases. Antioxidants such as curcumin can help in fighting this damage.
Tata Sampann Turmeric Powder is comes from Salem in Tamil Nadu and gives you the benefit of natural oils retained in it. What’s more, each packet of turmeric offers at least 3% of curcumin.
- The Encyclopaedia of Healing Foods, Dr Michael Murray
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.