From Ayurvedic medicines to delicious food, Methi has always secured its place in healthy ingredients. It has endless benefits whether it is used as– powder, seeds, dried leaves or as a vegetable. Due to its multi-purpose nature, it has gained global acceptance and recognition as an herbal supplement with a number of health benefits.
Let’s put some light on it and understand how you can reap these benefits:
- Adding Methi leaves or powder in your daily meals can help you in lowering bad cholesterol. Its extract contains steroid saponins that enhance food consumption and intercept the absorption of cholesterol.
- One of the benefits that have been talked of the town is the way it helps in treating heartburn. In a pilot study of subjects with frequent heartburn, 2 weeks intake of a fenugreek fibre product, taken 30 min before two meals/day, diminished heartburn severity.
- It prevents and controls diabetes by slowing the absorption of sugars in the body and stimulate insulin. Fenugreek seeds are high in soluble fibre, which helps lower blood sugar by slowing down carbohydrate digestion and absorption. Both of these processes lead to lower blood sugar in people with type-2 diabetes.
- It has been observed that usage of fenugreek can work wonders on dry skin. As it contains natural oils that help in hydrating, moisturizing, and softening skin. The potassium, carotene, and vitamin C in the seeds boost skin elasticity and overall health.
- Fenugreek may suppress the appetite and increase feelings of fullness, which could help reduce overeating and lead to weight loss. The substantial levels of antioxidants in fenugreek give it great potential as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Using Kasuri Methi in the diet of a lactating mother could increase breast milk. A study was conducted on 122 participants who were receiving treatment with fenugreek. It has been found that consumption of fenugreek significantly increased the amount of produced breast milk.
- Fenugreek is also believed to reduce menstrual cramps.
- Fenugreek seeds are packed with various nutrients that promote hair growth. Even its leaves help in this regard. Research suggests applying the paste made from the leaves to the scalp promotes hair growth and preserves the natural hair colour.
Thus, we can’t deny the fact that Methi or fenugreek has endless benefits that can be used to tackle a wide range of health problems. Try Tata Sampann Kasuri Methi as it has the correct amount of moisture, no twigs and is greener than other variants.
The views and opinions expressed in this content piece are those of the author(s) and not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. Assumptions made in the analysis are not reflective of the position of any entity other than the author(s). The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.