Some Indian ingredients are miraculously versatile, this holds true especially when we talk about Chana dal. Name the state, whether it is from north, south, east and west, chana dal has secured its place in everyone’s kitchen. It changes its taste and looks as per the dishes whether it is payasam in the south, cholar dal in east or vada in the west.
Moreover, this yummy and delicious dal comes with a bundle full of benefits including being a great source of protein, fibre, several vitamins and minerals. It has high nutritional value even when it is roasted or powered. Have a look at why you should consider adding Chana Dal in your diet plan:
- Provide Energy: Are you struggling with low vitamins and minerals? If yes, then Chana dal is the best source for it. As it is rich in B-complex vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, and B9 which in turn helps you in generating metabolism. Try Tata Sampann Chana Dal which comes with high vitamin content and proves to be effective for weight management.
- Weight loss: Did you know that the Chana dal is a great calorie buster and helps in reducing weight? It is high in fibre and low in glycaemic index, so you can keep your appetite in control for a longer duration.
- High Blood Pressure: One of the Chana dal benefits that have grabbed attention among many is the high amount of potassium and a lower amount of sodium, which helps in regulating the blood pressure.
- Diabetic-friendly: Trying to maintain diabetes can be a hard affair. Using Chana dal in your daily diet can help you in controlling your sugar level. It has one of the lowest glycaemic rankings and is wonderful in soups. Three-fourths of a cup of cooked Chana dal provides 25 grams of high-quality carbohydrate with a glycaemic index of only 8.
- Rich in Protein: There is no denying the fact that our body needs protein to build and repair tissues. That’s why we need a good amount of protein to function well, just like fats and carbohydrates. Chana dal is a great source of plant-based protein, making it a great food choice for those who do not eat meat or are vegan. Moreover, you can combine it with any cereal to make it a healthy balanced meal.
- Helps in Digestion: Chana dal is high in fibre, which benefits your digestion by increasing the number of healthy bacteria in your gut and helping waste flow efficiently through your digestive tract.
- Clear Skin and Strong Bones: This Chana dal benefit will surely bring a smile to you as it helps in treating acne. Isn’t it great? It is one of the best skincare ingredients for your beauty regimen. Moreover, it is a rich source of mineral phosphorus that contribute in building strong bones.
The list of Chana dal benefits is seemingly long and when consumed with rice, chapati, paratha, soups or salads then your amino acid quota gets taken care of as they’re also vital for functions such as protein synthesis, tissue repair and nutrient absorption.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website