Food is fuel which is essential for managing energy and mood - and both of these factors drastically influence concentration, attention span and focus. Food influences mood, concentration, mental clarity, memory, and recall ability. If you are concerned about concentration levels of your kids during exam time, the foremost thing that you need to do is to modify their diets.
Boost brainpower during Exams
Eating well is necessary for physical as well as mental health. You need to understand which foods are especially beneficial to keep grey matter working optimally! When we aren’t getting the correct nutrition, we may experience brain fog and irritability – and this could be disastrous when your kids are preparing for an examination. The ability to concentrate comes from a plenty and steady supply of energy in the blood, going to the brain. Hence, optimizing nutrition during the exam season and staying absolutely sharp when studying and close consideration of your diet will really pay off!
5 Foods that help increase concentration and improve focus
1. Leafy greens: Green leafy vegetables are loaded with potent antioxidants. They are also packed with vitamins B-complex, vitamin A, C and K – all of which help improve memory and concentration.
2. Flax seeds: Flax seeds have large amounts of stress-busting magnesium, vitamin B complex, omega-3 fatty acids, and fibre - all these support mental clarity, improve memory and thinking skills and lengthen the attention span. A brain-happy food, this one most certainly ought to be on the list. Have a spoonful of roasted seeds, or dust over cereal, or add generous amounts to your salads.
3. Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate can help you focus! It contains a tiny quantity of caffeine, which amplifies mental alertness, it also has large amounts of magnesium, which acts as a de-stressor, and it also stimulates the release of endorphins and serotonin, which are known to elevate moods significantly. Thus, dark chocolate in small doses can help increase concentration while studying.
4. Nuts: These are an excellent source of vitamin E, which has been linked to enhanced cognition. What’s more, only an ounce of nuts is required per day to get this benefit; thus, a fistful of mixed nuts does the trick! Additionally, they are chockfull of essential oils and amino acids which aid in promoting mental clarity and help improve brain function and power.
5. Turmeric: Research corroborates the fact that haldi powder has a strong brain-protective agent which helps boost cognition and memory. Curcumin in turmeric is the active principle which proffers all the outstanding health benefits. Tata Sampann Turmeric Powder is scientifically processed and hygienically packaged to preserve its natural goodness. What’s more, each packet of turmeric offers at least 3 % of curcumin.
In addition to a healthy diet, exercise is key to keeping our brain sharp. A good, wholesome diet along with regular exercise peps up cognition and concentration and helps you process information effectively.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.