For many of us, our weight defines how we feel about ourselves and how the world perceives us! Sounds superficial, yet sadly true! Our body image tends to dictate our confidence levels, how we interrelate with others, and how we feel in our day-to-day life. Then again, apart from the aesthetics point of view, shedding unwanted body weight promises a surge of self-assurance and self-confidence; and once you’ve gotten rid of all those unsightly kilos and reached your goal size you will see a whole host of health benefits coming your way as well!
Let’s explore how to lose weight fast!
A science-based sound diet, regular exercise, and optimal supplementation help burn fat fast can facilitate shedding of those stubborn weight for good! Imagine attaining that ideal body weight that you’ve always dreamt of!
Let’s break it down and simplify things to a practical level. Whether you need to lose a bunch of weight or have embarked on a weight loss journey and need some new inspiration, these fabulous insights will leave you amazed.
How to lose weight fast and easy - 5 golden rules!
• Eat the right foods everyday: People shy away when they hear the word ‘diet’- because for them a diet signifies giving up the treats they love. However, you do not need to deprive yourself; all you’ve to do is make better choices. The most effective weapon in your long-term weight loss plan is eating right. If you randomly and irregularly cut calories and starve yourself, then your metabolism slows down to help conserve more energy and this proves to be completely contra-effective. Hence, you need to eat more of the right foods in order to get in the correct nutrition.
Consume plenty foods which are packed with all the necessary nutrients. These nutrients help with thyroid function, leptin sensitivity, body detoxification and revving up the metabolic rate. Such a diet allows you to eat lesser calories but brings in loads of good nutrition. Bulk up on low glycaemic foods, against those which have a high glycaemic overload. Most importantly, eat small frequent meals through the day and time your meals with your exercise regimen so as to get the maximum benefits of the hormone insulin. After your exercise session, you can eat starchy foods. In fact, this is the perfect time to have the hormone insulin divert the sugars you eat to your muscles and not your fat cells. For your other meals, ensure that you focus on protein, complex carbs and healthy fat. Experiment with different spices and spice blends, beans and lentils and cook up some home remedies for weight loss!
Furthermore, do not skip meals and do not starve. When you skip a meal, you tend to reach out for a bag of wafers or a slab of chocolate sitting at the back of the pantry! Bingeing as well as skipping meals – both slow down your metabolism considerably. To avoid bingeing on unhealthy foods, aim to eat five wholesome meals a day.
• Rev up your basal metabolic rate: The metabolic rate tells you how much energy your body burns through the day; and when your metabolic rate is high, the quicker you lose weight. Professionals advocate this to pep up your metabolism - begin with a high protein diet, and a 25% calorie deficit compared to your previous diet; integrate 5 hours of weight training and 2 hours of high intensity interval training per week. This is going to drive the fat loss! You could also discuss with your nutritionist and consider starting a protein supplement to boot your metabolism. However, do remember that no amount of supplementation will help, unless you get your diet and exercise right.
• Cut back on excessive sodium: Scores of studies show that consuming large amounts of sodium packed, processed food items, causes unhealthy abdominal distension and weight gain. Consuming excessive amounts increases your risk of obesity by a whopping 25 %; hence sodium restriction is the way to go. Ditch the packaged food filled with sodium and instead integrate lots of metabolism-boosting foods. Herbs and spices such as cumin, thyme, cayenne, oregano, cinnamon and clove which lend loads of flavour to your meals and can also help boost metabolism. In order to implement sodium restriction, you could also opt for low sodium, heart-friendly salt. Tata Salt Lite is ideal; it has 15% lower sodium content and this helps reduce the bloating as well as helps regulate high blood pressure too.
• Detoxing: When you have loads of poorly digested food, a mountain of processed food and a ton of waste in your GI tract, it gives you a distended belly, decelerates the metabolic rate and makes you put on weight. You’ve got to ensure that your digestive system is detoxed, clean, and efficient. By and large, most people have impacted waste in the colon; and consequently, you feel heavy and bloated, around the belly area. The first and foremost step to sluicing your gastric system clean is to completely do away with refined foods, processed foods and foods with preservatives and artificial agents. Load up on whole foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains. Also, natural colon cleansers include – dates, figs, prunes, flax seeds and limes.
• Sleep well: Research reveals that sleep deprivation can make you insulin resistant. When this happens on a regular basis and over a protracted period of time, you have set the stage for full-blown diabetes and obesity. Clinical studies demonstrate that the better you sleep, the faster you’ll lose that unwanted fat. Also, the important hormones which keep you fit, healthy, and youthful are released during various levels of sleep. Sleep is a rather overlooked, yet a huge weapon in your weight loss armament! So, don’t make the mistake of sacrificing your sleep.
Why is belly fat so stubborn and how to get rid of belly fat quickly?
Fat that gets stored in the abdominal cavity is damaging to your overall health. Apart from looking cosmetically bad, large chunks of fat which surround the liver, pancreas and intestines, are linked to diabetes mellitus and cardiac disorders. So, now’s the time to shrink that waist - and a good diet plan and rigorous exercise can help reverse the long-term disastrous effects.
Certain fat cells in the body are resistant to being mobilized and burned; and these fat cells tend to build up in the dreaded belly area. It is rather tricky to get rid of belly fat because the entire abdominal area is chock-a-block with fat cells which do not respond well to the fat-breakdown process.
Research shows that the belly fat can be mobilized and burned very slowly compared to fat in other areas of the body. This is happens because the fat cells in the belly region have a different receptor. The belly fat has an alpha-receptor, which releases fat slowly; as against the fat cells in other parts of the body which have beta receptors, which mobilize fat relatively faster. Consequently, when you lose fat, you will characteristically see greater fat loss in those areas that have beta receptors; and the fat cells in the abdomen having alpha receptors tend to respond slowly, thus causing loss of fat in the belly area slow and difficult and a wee bit frustrating!
3 foods that ought to be a part of your daily diet
Repetition is essential when it comes to your diet plan. Repetition helps build rhythm. On the whole, clinical trials show that the most successful weight watchers stick to a routine. Make your diet chart and adhere to it; you can change the rotation every 2 to 3 weeks, but pre-set diet will help tremendously. Also, be creative with weight loss tips - make sure you include these 3 power foods in your everyday menu!
1. Dals: Lentils increase a feeling of fullness and satiety, provide loads of fibre and help manage blood sugar levels well - make them your best friend in your weight loss war! Consuming 2 servings of moong, peas, dals, chickpeas or kidney beans per day contribute to significant weight loss. In fact, studies reveal that not consuming adequate amounts of protein leads to overeating and weight gain. Protein is very vital for muscle repair too, and more so when you are working out, it's very crucial to integrate plenty of protein in to your diet. You need to consume 0.5 to 1 gram of protein for every kilogram in your body in order to get in the sufficient amount.
2. Green tea: Is brimming over with catechins, which are fantastic belly-fat burners and help get rid of that awful belly bulge by perking up your metabolism and increasing the release of fat from fat cells. Studies also demonstrate that those who consume 3 to 5 cups of green tea per day boosted their exercise endurance levels radically, and saw amazing weight loss.
3. Limes: Limes have been shown to have a huge say in weight loss. The fruit is packed with oodles of vitamin C which is required to bring down levels of cortisol - the stress hormone which is known to cause hunger and fat storage. Lime is also brimming over with polyphenols, which prevent accumulation of fat in the body. So, try to have a glass of freshly squeezed lime juice with a little bit of honey to kick-start your day!
Say goodbye to your belly fat with this exercise routine!
High-intensity interval training pays rich dividends! This exercise routine comprises of you alternating between intervals of full-on intensity workout and low-intensity revival. During the high-intensity period, you really push yourself as hard as you possibly can, and during the low-intensity state, you pause to catch your breath before the next burst of energy. High-intensity interval training or HIIT has been established as a more effective way to lose fat fast. Chalk out your exercise regimen such that it has a healthy blend of cardio, aerobics, HIIT, Yoga and weight lifting. Lifting weight also plays a vital role in helping you lose all the undesirable fat and building muscle. It makes you more insulin sensitive, helps your muscles absorb more carbohydrates, burns away stored glycogen more powerfully and makes you look toned, chiseled and fit. So, carve out a smart and consistent exercise schedule that will proffer results.
It is essential for you to remember that exercising on a regular basis is very important; alongside rest days are as crucial. Exercise breaks down muscles while rest helps rebuild stronger muscle tissue. Thus, depriving yourself of a rest day does more harm than good.
Embrace healthier habits and home remedies for weight loss, and you’re sure to see impressive and lasting changes in your body in the long run. Once you have successfully lost all the undesirable weight, it is imperative for you to maintain a balance. Losing weight and then gaining it all back, in a while is absolutely counter-productive and could even be detrimental to your health. That’s a vicious cycle that you need to stay out of. Incorporate these strategies and regimens and you can get that lean, fit body that you’ve always wanted and keep it for the rest of your life!
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.