Spices jazz up your food and make the most boring dish come alive! Additionally, spices also offer distinctive health benefits by pepping up your metabolism, circumventing hunger and balancing blood glucose levels. Spices not only taste wonderful, they are also low in calories.
Spices add flavour and subtract kilos!
Research and clinical trials are demonstrative of the fact that spices help drop those undesirable weight, since the beautiful flavour helps you feel satisfied with low-calorie foods. The strong flavour profile of the spice limits your overall calorie intake significantly. Experts state that spices rev up the metabolic rate, curb the appetite and even make sure that the fat cells do not reappear after you’ve achieved the necessary weight loss.
5 spices that help you lose those unsightly kilos!
Certain spices are especially helpful and you must add them to your pantry when you're on a mission to lose weight. Let’s look at these culinary stars!
- Cumin: Cumin is a natural weight-reduction aid, facilitating fat loss. Moreover, it also lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Clinical trials reveal that those who consumed 3 grams of cumin powder a day for a period of 3 months, shed 3 pounds; in comparison to a group of people who did not consume cumin. Also, those who consumed the spice reduced their body fat percentage by 14 %. Lots of reasons to incorporate this wonder spice in to your diet. Fortunately for us, Indian cuisine makes use of jeera substantially, with practically all our recipes using the spice.
- Turmeric: Haldi has been garnering a lot of attention due to its massive list of health benefits. Turmeric can reduce the number and size of fat cells in the body. Curcumin found in haldi is a potent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory agent which is known to reduce body weight and boost metabolism. Curcumin also has a pivotal role to play in the management of arthritis, GI discomfort, and some cancers. Turmeric is a major component of virtually all Indian recipes – add the spice to curries, gravies, stews and chutneys.
- Fenugreek: Methi seeds are perfect for a weight-loss programme. They promise to quell your cravings and monitor blood sugar levels too. Fenugreek stimulates the release of insulin and slows down the absorption of sugars in diabetics.
- Cardamom: Elaichi has always been used as a carminative and a digestive aid. It is also known to battle sugar cravings effectively. Ideally, have a decoction of cardamom seeds after every meal to boost weight loss. Cardamom improves the working of the gastric system and facilitates weight reduction.
- Capsaicin: Capsaicin is the element which gives red chili and peppers their heat. Capsaicin reduces appetite, perks up metabolic rate and causes the body to burn more calories. It dramatically increases the body's energy expenditure thereby facilitating weight loss. It also encourages the breakdown of visceral fat around the belly.
Tata Sampann spices are picked from the best farms. Adding them to your recipe gives your dish absolute authenticity and a spoonful of health!
Losing weight can be rather intimidating; while there are innumerable ways of getting rid of all that unwanted fat, some unknown and unique methods work wonders. An integrated multi-disciplinary approach promises fabulous results.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.