Tata Sampann Recipes - Rajnandini Pulao
- , by admin
- 3 min reading time
This restaurant-style Rajnandini Pulao has been a favourite amongst the foodies for a long time, and rightly so! This simple pulao is a perfect accompaniment to spicy Maacher Jhol or Alur Dom. A Bengali staple, this dish gets its subtle yet complex flavour from various whole spices and the garam masala which is used in its preparation. The authentic version of this dish uses Gobindo Bhog Rice as the base. This aromatic, buttery rice pairs well with spices to make an irresistible pulao.
Rajnandini Pulao Recipe | রাজনন্দিনী পোলাও | Restaurant Style Vegetable Pulao | Pujo Special
Attention all foodies!
Prepare to be transported to the world of delectable Bengali cuisine with just a single bite of the restaurant-style Rajnandini Pulao. This dish has captured the hearts and taste buds of many, and rightfully so! This simple yet flavorsome pulao is the perfect accompaniment to a spicy Maacher Jhol or Alur Dom.
This dish boasts subtle yet complex flavors that are derived from a variety of whole spices and the ever-important garam masala, which is used in its preparation. As a Bengali staple, this dish is usually made with aromatic and buttery Gobindo Bhog Rice, which elevates the flavors of the dish to new heights.
The secret ingredient that makes this dish so irresistible is the garam masala. And not just any garam masala will do! An authentic garam masala, such as Tata Sampann Garam Masala, carefully blended mix of whole spices that retain their natural oils and are roasted to perfection at the ideal temperature. This exceptional spice blend adds the most delicious aroma and taste to the Rajnandini Pulao, taking it to the next level of flavor heaven. You can enhance the flavor of your meals by exploring a variety of spices available at Tata Nutrikorner. With a range of salt & spices options to choose from, you can add a delicious touch to your dishes and elevate your culinary experience.
Take a look at the authentic recipe shared by Someshukla on her channel, Simple and Sizzling Recipes.
- 2 cups Gobindo Bhog Rice
- 100 G Cauliflower Cut Into Small Florets and Green Peas
- Cashew Nuts as per preference
- Raisins as per preference
- ½ tsp Tata Sampann Garam Masala Powder
- 4 Cups Water (double the amount of rice)
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar as per taste
- Few strands of kesar (saffron) soaked in warm milk
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee
- 1-inch Cinnamon stick
- 4 To 5 Green Cardamom
- 2 To 3 Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Small Piece of Mace and Nutmeg
- 3 To 4 Green Chilies
- Wash the Gobindo Bhog Rice three to four times. Soak in water for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large kadhai or pan, heat the ghee. Add all the spices mentioned for tempering. Mix this well.
- Add the cauliflower florets and peas. Roast them in the ghee and spices.
- Sprinkle some salt and cook for two minutes. Make sure that they aren’t completely cooked, just well roasted.
- Add the raisins and cashews. Mix them.
- Sprinkle Tata Sampann Garam Masala Powder. Sauté the vegetables well.
- Add the water to this mixture. Adjust salt according to your taste.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the water come to a boil.
- Add the soaked rice and kesar soaked in milk.
- Put a tawa on medium flame. Place the pan on this tawa. Cover it with the lid.
- Let the rice cook for ten minutes. Add sugar as per your preference and mix the rice gently.
- Place some green chilies in the rice and cover the pan with a lid to infuse the aroma. Cook this for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with more cashews and raisins. Serve while it is warm.